Healthy aging includes the need to maintain a healthy living environment – clean and orderly. Unfortunately, the physical and mental changes that come with older age render performing household tasks more difficult, if not impossible. Sometimes elders are acutely aware that the condition in which their home is kept has deteriorated and this makes them feel bad. Other times, seniors might not be aware that their home is unclean and perhaps even dangerous. Supportive family members can find it too hard to keep up with helping keeping their parents home, too. Maid services can be very costly and do not provide companionship as they complete tasks.
Touching Hearts can complete the light housekeeping tasks to maintain the home in a manner our clients and their families were used to before it became too difficult.
- Taking out garbage
- Change and wash linens
- Change beds
- Dust furniture
- Organize belongings and paperwork
- Sweep and wash floor
- Clean kitchen and bathrooms
- Sewing or mending assistance
- Care for house plants and pets
- Light yard work and maintenance tasks
- A sanitary and safe home
- Better personal hygiene for clients
- Avoidance of fall risk and other dangers
- Peace of mind and physical relief for elders and their families